Monday, September 1, 2008

Of Birthdays and Childhood Dreams....


40 years ago today I received one of the most memorable birthday presents ever...the book that is displayed on the right "The Great Comic Book Heroes" by Jules Feiffer. On these pagers were the most beautiful reprints of some of the earliest DC and Marvel stories ever printed. There was a Superman and Batman I did not recognize, crudely drawn but dynamic and captivating...a Human Torch without the FF and with his own Robin, a lanky Captain America with an odd shield and a wonderful flow, a Hawkman and Spectre that were beautiful and a Flash and Green Lantern that I had only seen with the JLA. At this moment I was drawn into an era that preceded me by 30 years and began a quest to collect and read as many of these stories as possible. This blog will go further in depth on this book and the Golden Age as the whims of time move me.

No comments: